1. Which database did you choose for your first search?
High Wire Press
2. What terms did you enter to conduct your search?
Anywhere in text: jobs
Title: business opportunities
3. How many results did you retrieve?
39
4. If there were more than about 100 results, how did you refine your search terms to narrow your results?
N/A
5. Once you got your results to around 100 (or fewer), how did you determine they were meaningful?
I looked through the titles of the articles to know which ones were meaningful for my search. Many were exactly opportunities in business, so I knew I was on the right path.
6. Which article did you choose? Give the bibliographic information for that article (I must be able to access this article).
Review: Electronic Business Revolution: Opportunities and Challenges in the 21st Century
Tony Stock
The Computer Bulletin, Jul 2000; 42: 31
7. How did you determine this article was meaningful?
I felt like the article fit for the information I was trying to find. I needed something that narrowed down job opportunities for me once I achieved my Business Major. This article was about how business is taking over and how it is a revolution. I thought it was interesting that this was the second time in two days that I have heard someone state business as a new revolution that is taking over the job future for the 21st century.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This search phrase makes more sense to me. It's also interesting that you chose something quite different from your search in Academic Search Premier. Good to know that they both work.
ReplyDeleteAgain, you cite relevance for your evaluative tool, which is good. HighWire Press, however, is also "authoritative" as the journals in the database are evaluated for authority before they are included. This is on the web, but run by a university that engages in peer review.