What is Delicious?
Delicious is a web tool that lets you bookmark websites that you have browsed. It is handy because you can save all of your websites in one area with a simple click of a button. You can easily tag a website, manage it, and even share it with other users. The most interesting thing is that you can easily browse other user's bookmarks to see if they are helpful to you.
What is the advantage of this Web 2.0 tool?
The advantage is that it can help you research with ease. For instance, you are able to browse different search engines using different search techniques in a much more controlled way. You can keep track of your favorite websites by tagging them and then return to them later. This helps keeps your information much more organized in the long run. It is also handy to be able to see what other users have tagged. This leads you to useful results that seem to help. If they are good websites for someone else, chances are they could help you too. All in all Delicious acts as a great organizational tool.
Do you think you might use it? If so, why? If not, why not?
I think I will use the delicious tool if I have to write a paper that requires a hefty amount of research. I will be able to stay organized and on track throughout the long process. It will also help with bibliographies and works cited at the end of the paper since all my web pages will be managed and saved the way I want them to be.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
your blog is so good......
ReplyDeleteI find delicious very useful myself. I like the fact that I can access my bookmarks from any computer.
ReplyDelete