1. What progress have you made this quarter in your information literacy growth?
I have learned new techniques for researching this past quarter. I have learned Boolean Operators and other techniques such as nesting in order to help narrow some of my searches. I have learned out how to find useful information and how to find books and articles using the library database. I have learned how to use different databases to find different views on types of information.
2. What areas of weakness have you identified in your information literacy growth?
I still feel like I have a hard time citing information. I understand the need to cite information, but bibliographically I still struggle.
3. What steps will you take in the next three to six months to continue your growth in information literacy?
I will continue to use the techniques I have learned in order to find better research than I did before this class. I will utilize the library and all that it has to offer to me.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You seems to be comfortable searching and evaluating your information. Now that you know about databases and search techniques, you should be fine. As for citation, you'll find that it gets easier as you practice. It's just very detailed. You have to plan time for it in your research process.
ReplyDelete